Friday, April 22, 2011

Yudu + Bling

= Fabulous!

I was lucky enough to grow up in a musical family.  Some of my fondest memories are of my dad singing and playing Beatles and the The Lettermen songs on the guitar, and of my mom letting me tag along with her to her barbershop quartet rehearsals.  She still sings barbershop in fact, so when her birthday rolled around I thought I'd dust off my Yudu machine and put it to good use!  I made her a shirt with the name of her quartet, "Live Out Loud."  She was gracious enough to pose for some pictures pictures (as if she had a choice)...









I glued on some purple rhinestones to bling it up a bit because, well, if you know any female barbershoppers you know that's how they roll!  


As a side note, if you own or are thinking of purchasing a Yudu, I hacked it a bit to make it more affordable.   Instead of their outrageously priced sheets, I used liquid emulsion.  I also printed the image on vellum as opposed to a transparency.  Much cheaper!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...