Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sham-Wow Revamp

Well, maybe not a Sham-wow, more like the Dollar Tree knock off - Wow!  So I was perusing the aisles at my local Tree the other day, and would you believe my excitement when I found they had added a knock-off "As Seen on TV" section?   I was quite thrilled to find this shammy!  I haven't tried it out yet, but it seems to be the same material as the original, so I'm assuming it will do just fine.  The best use of it for me would be a drying pad for my dishes as we don't have a dishwasher.  But now that I'm on this creative journey, I couldn't just leave it the way it was...



 So as my banana muffins were baking ....


I decided to embellish my new toy.  I started out by making a cardboard cutout of a little birdie...


then I used it to cut out a fabric one (I love how the fabric has a star right where the eye would be...a totally pleasant happenstance)


I grabbed some heat 'n bond I happened to have and followed the directions to adhere my birdie to the shammy.


...added a fabric boarder and a "clean! clean!" with perm. marker  (not great, I know, but it's all I had) and Voila!  a functional, and much prettier, I might add drying station!


Now, go make something pretty!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Aww! Cute idea! Those things can be a little ugly on their own, but you made them pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...