Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Master Bedroom Update


As I explained in my intro to this whole operation, I'm a little dense in the design department so I have to emulate what I like to get what I want for my home.  That being said, here is my muse for the master bedroom...


Isn't it cozy?  I love everything about this room.  The neutral color scheme, the pops of color, the gold knobs, the non-ginormous sleigh bed.  The family's kind of cute too!  Actually this room, although narrow, is quite long and opens up in the back.  Hop over to see more pics. 


So with that in mind, I've made some progress and wanted to share it with you.  
This...




is now this...



Ahh.  It's like a breath of fresh air.  It's not done for sure, but man do I love my room again!  I painted the walls the same color as the above picture, Owl Grey by Benjamin Moore.  That was the biggest task, and now my job is to warm it up and add some color.  Eventually I will switch out the curtains, and I'd love to get the duvet they used.  It's called Poetical by Barbara Barry and you can get it at Bed Bath and Beyond.  You can also see it in action in this beautiful bedroom makeover over at Centsational Girl.  But I am quite proud of my KMart coverlet find for only $32!!  Sure the quality isn't anything to brag about, but the thinness of it is a nice compromise for my furnace of a husband.

My side table used to look like this - 




but I painted it White Dove by Benjamin Moore (like in the pic above) and now looks like this -


The pull is off because I still need to spray it a metallic gold.  I threw a magazine box on the side to house my note pads.  Most of my blog and craft ideas come to me while I'm lying down, so this allows me to keep them handy without cluttering up my dresser.  The wicker basket holds some baby toiletries and my new favorite thing - my homemade facial/baby wipes!

I definitely still have some work ahead of me, but I'm ecstatic with the progress.  And I should add that with my newly organized closet I am staying very neat and picked up now that everything has a place!  

So how are your operations going?  Have you made it to the next phase or are you still de-crapping?  Where ever you are, fight the good fight - and take lots of pictures!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...