Tuesday, November 2, 2010

On My Nightstand

I love to read.  I don't.  But I love it.  I love the act of it.  Curling up in a big comfy chair with a hot cup of coffee and a book I can't put down.  Heaven.  But this is planet earth; who has time to read?  Who has time to sit down?  And who in the world has time to drink coffee out of a cup and not a to-go mug?  Not I.  But alas, we make time for what is important.  And I've decided there are two important things I need to start making time for:  prayer and reading.  I confess I am a big fat cheese-ball when it comes to books.  I want to get caught up in a sweet story where people are kind and dialogue is eloquent.  In a world where there is so much icky-ness, one needs a private utopia.  Well, I have found mine in the Mitford series.  My sweet aunt and grandmother introduced me to these books and, although I am only on page 38, I am hooked.  It follows (to what I've gathered so far) the life of a pastor in the small town of Mitford.  It's sweet and lovely and makes me want to move to a quaint little town pronto.


I hope you'll make time for prayer and reading too.  They're both important: the exercise of the mind and renewing of the spirit.  What's on your nightstand?  

Ciao,
Lucia

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...