Sunday, October 31, 2010

M.I.A. and Yummy Protein Bars

Well I have been completely out of it when it comes to blooging lately.  It's been almost a week since my last post, and that makes me sad.  Things have been so crazy around here, and I've literally been busy every minute I wasn't asleep.  You know how it is, I'm sure.  But life has been fun, and I've still been crafting.  We hosted our very first Halloween party last night, and it was so great!  I don't have pictures yet because my sister was kind enough to take them with her fancy-schmancy camera.  But, most of the decorating ideas came from other talented ladies out there in blog land.  So, until I can post my pictures, here is what I've been up to this past week:

Halloweeny things:
Super cute (and simple) linen wreath
Staches on a stick
Popeye and Olive Oyl
Baby zebra

Life things:
broke my brand new washer by using a non-H.E. detergent (thank you, Lord for warranties)
Hubby hurt his knee real bad

And now for the yummy part.  My mom gave me this recipe for protein bars that I thought I'd try for my hubby since he's sort of a health nut.  Well, he LOVED them, and now everyone at his work has their wives making them too!  I figured since they were such a huge hit you might enjoy them too!  Here ya go.

Yummy Protein Bars

Ingredients:
2 cups (or 1 16 oz jar) of natural peanut butter (our favorite is Smuckers' natural)
1 3/4 cups honey
2 1/4 cups protein powder (we like the chocolate flavor the best for this recipe)
3 cups dry, uncooked oatmeal

In a microwave-safe bowl, combine peanut butter and honey.  Microwave for 1 1/2 -2 min, until it stirs easily.  Add protein powder and mix thoroughly, then add oatmeal and mix well.  It will be thick.  Press into a 9x13 inch pan.  Refrigerate 1 hour, or until solid enough to cut into bars.  Wrap each bar in foil or plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.

Have a Happy Halloween!
Ciao,
Lucia

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...