Monday, September 27, 2010

Inspiration and Guilt, all in 3 photos

Well I've been stumped for quite some time as to what to do with my kitchen, namely, that dreaded space between the top of my cabinets and the ceiling.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but unless you have fancy cabinetry that reaches the roof, I don't think I'm alone in this debacle.  So then, what do you do?  Fill the space with a collection of teapots (as I attempted to do and quickly got bored with)?  Line up the bottles of all the cheap wine you've consumed over the past year (classy!)?  Or heaven forbid you cry out "uncle,"  give up and leave it empty!  (Have you caught on that these have all been my solutions at some point?)
Well, I can't say that I've got a definitive solution yet, but I have stumbled across a little inspiration on Apartment Therapy to give me something to think about...



These are from a Chicago house tour.  It's a simple kitchen, nothing showy, and I love it!  I like how they just put up random vintage kitchen finds; the  lights are a cute touch too!  Seems so simple, why didn't I think of that?  Now I just need a boat load of cute, vintage, kitchen-y things.  Hmm... might take some time.  For now I'll just work on keeping that space dusted!
 Now for the guilt part:  their kitchen is so tidy!  Excuse me, but I've got to go clean something.

Ciao,
Lucia

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...